• Follow @westsidewired on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Snapchat to get updates on news and sports.

Westside Journalism

PREVIEW: Westside Girls One Win From State Championship

Jonathan Snover, Sports Team Co-Editor-In-Chief

The Westside girls varsity basketball team will make the 45 mile trip to Pinnacle Bank Arena in Lincoln for the second time in as many days when they take on Lincoln Southwest at 8:45 p.m. The game will be a state tournament semifinal matchup. The Silver Hawks are coming off the lone upset of the first round which was a 49-38 win over third seeded Millard North. Westside, however, scraped by Lincoln Pius X by a 47-41 score to move on.

The six point win on Thursday was Westside’s first game decided by less than 20 points since their road win at Papillion-La Vista on February 9th. They have won eight straight games and 19 of the last 20. Despite torn ACLs in the middle of January that plagued Westside’s Jasmine McGinnis-Taylor and Ryley Nolin, the Warriors have outscored opponents 620-320 (average of 77.5-40) in the eight game winning stretch. They’ll look to extend that fortune on Friday.

Lincoln Southwest pulled off the lone upset of Thursday’s slate behind 18 points from 6-foot junior Jaden Ferguson. She also had a game high nine rebounds to extend the Silver Hawks’s win streak to five and made them 8-2 in their last ten games.

Westside and Lincoln Southwest have clashed once this year in Lincoln, and the Warriors took that one by virtue of a 63-56 score. The Warriors and Silver Hawks will meet once again on Friday, March 2, 2018, at 8:45 p.m. at Pinnacle Bank Arena in Lincoln, Nebraska.

• Uncategorized

Jakayla Jenkins

• Uncategorized

Varsity Softball

• Uncategorized

Varsity Softball

• Uncategorized

Varsity Softball

• Uncategorized

Varsity Softball

• Uncategorized

Varsity Volleyball

• Uncategorized

JV Softball

• Uncategorized

Girls Varsity Golf

• PREVIEW: Westside Girls One Win From State Championship

Uncategorized

Leo Norton

Uncategorized

Used Record Store Crawl

The student news site of Westside High School.